To place companion animals in permanent, loving homes
- Please complete the application and contract so that Best Friends FurEver may assist you in finding a special, compatible companion to join your family.
- Please note that we do not adopt dogs or cats on a “first come, first served” basis, but rather make every attempt to match families with the most appropriate companion animals.
- Application is reviewed, and a home visit is required.
FEES AND ADDITIONAL INFO
- The customary local adoption fee for companion animals is $150 USD for dogs and $95.00 USD.
- The long distance adoption fee is $600 for dogs.
- These fees help to defray the costs of spaying/neutering, testing, vaccinating, and micro-chipping our companion animals, but rarely, if ever, cover all expenses. Therefore, additional contributions are welcomed.
- Note that the long distance fee often covers the cost of shipping the animal.
- Please make check payable to Best Friends FurEver.
- Our companion animals are heartworm tested and placed on heartworm preventative.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DECLINE ANY APPLICATION.
- APPLICATION MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY.
- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO ADOPT
- YOU MUST ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING A HOUSEHOLD.